Carpenter Cabinet Maker
Full Time, Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
We are seeking exceptional canidates who have determination, honesty and the drive for self-investment, to continue their success.
Those with proven leadership experience increases the starting rate.
- No need to have your own tools.
- No travelling to different job sites.
- Must love what you do and being part of a team.
- Steady hours, pay and environment.
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
- Positive, Indoor, factory environment and team.
- Company benefits program after completing probationary period.
- Eligibility to make much more on proven abilities and leadership qualities.
- Advancement to Lead Carpenter, for our team of 2 carpenters.
- Starting at 20.00/ hour and after 90 days 22 - 25.00/hour, even more if you can direct and lead the team.
- Yearly Cost of living raises.
- Opportunity to shape and develop a department that represents your abilities.
- Career growth, development, and continuous learning opportunities
Carpenter / Cabinet Maker, within our warehouse environment, is responsible for producing the production orders and maintaining order system, keep items manufactured in-house, in stock at all times. Maintain machinery and general maintenance jobs throughout facility. Some purchasing, travel for materials and scheduling production is required.
- Ensure job orders are accurately processed daily, as per departmental goals, minimizing backorders, errors, damages, costs, and complaints.
- Produce products like columns and wainscoting to specifications accurately and as required.
- Monitor and manage all production orders whether for clients or stock.
- Follow procedures for upholding company and customer delivery commitments.
- Organization of orders online and within a warehouse facility.
- Cordinate production by scheduling and organizing of priority items. Ability to handle deadlines and pressure.
- Mark outlines or dimensions of parts on material.
- Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools to cut, shape and form material.
- Must be familiar with shop machinery, table saws, and panel saws.
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit using glue and clamps and reinforce joints using nails, screws, or other fasteners.
- Purchasing of required material in house or outside.
- Ability to operate door machine and pre-hang doors.
- Assisting and completing shipments in full after manufacturing completed when required to assist. Coordinating with Receiver to schedule quick-ship items are always in stock and prepackaged.
- Online order management of productions items, product knowledge maintenance, and updating.
- Promote a safe work environment by adhering to safety rules and regulations, modelling practices amongst the Production and Warehouse department.
- Miscellaneous duties and projects as required.
- College diploma in related field preffered.
- Strong, clear verbal and written communication.
- Previous experience delegating tasks in a warehouse setting is an asset.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, email, excel).
- Planning and scheduling abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Positive attitude.
- High sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 60lbs.
- Driver's Licence.